Houston Petting zoo offers 2 school programs:
Program 1: School pays for it
Program 2 Total free Programs for Schools.
What better way to get the information you have been working so hard for the kids to retain than with a live animal presentation.
Each animal is presented with fun bio facts about them. At the end of the presentation I ask the kids questions about what we discussed. Small groups of children get to pet some of the animals after they are presented. If touching is not allowed please tell up before hand.
Pricing for Program 1 (School pays for it):
- 30 minute programs with 4 animals $150
- 45 minute programs with 6 animals $225
- 60 minute programs with 8 animals $250
- 2- 30 minute programs $250
- 2- 45 minute programs with 6 animals $400
- 2- 60 minute programs with 8 animals $450
Program 2 (100% FREE to both your students and school):
45-minute oral presentation :
- We have a minimum of 200 students per presentation and no maximum
- Presentation will be held indoors
- We require permission slips given out and collected from every student participating in our program
- We fund our free program by providing students the opportunity to purchase pictures with our live animal ambassadors. These 6×4 photos are $10 each
- Tentative date and time
- Age of the children
- Contact phone number for you
- Program desired
- All programs between June and October must be indoors for the health of our animals unless it is an unusually nice day between 75 and 85.
- An open area large enough for the students to sit in a horseshoe shape is desired for small groups.
- If the presentation is for large group of kids and a microphone would be needed please advise us ahead of time.
- There is 15 minutes allowed between presentations for multiple presentations presented in one place.
There is an additional mileage fee for locations over 50 miles round trip for program 1.
We are USDA licensed and insured. If you require a copy of either one I would be happy to forward it to you.
Houston Petting Zoo
See What’s New
We offer a Combination Of Domesticated Animals And Some Wild Species. All your birthday parties will take a Walk On The Wild Side with our animals. We are committed to teaching children and adults about wildlife. Animal programs have always been a big hit. Of course it’s not just about the fun of seeing exotic animals up close. In our animal programs we want the kids to learn about them in the process and to be inspired to do great things as adults to help preserve our home, Earth. This Earth deserves a voice and by teaching about its wonders maybe that voice will be the children we taught today.